Coronavirus and Hand Dryers
Coronavirus and Hand Dryers
The paper towels at some hospitals in China have been removed as they are thought to be a possibility for contamination due to the following reasons:
- The paper towels have to be loaded by hand and could potentially be contaminated
- The paper towel absorbs moisture and is a surface that could be contaminated while waiting to be used
- The damp used paper towels collecting in the bin or on the floor could also be a source of contamination.
These paper towel dispensers have been replaced with Dyson V HU02 hand dryers throughout. These dryers use a hospital grade HEPA H13 filter. I am waiting on Dyson Europe to get permission from the Hospital to allow their name to be used in marketing.
Everyday our Dyson Airblades dry an estimated 120 million pairs of hands per day. In these uncertain times, our products are becoming a crucial part of the hygiene best practice in washrooms all over the world. Dyson HEPA filters capture particles including bacteria and viruses as small as .1 microns.
The circumstances surrounding the COVID-19 outbreak are developing and ever-changing. Nobody as yet knows with certainty how COVID-19 behaves. We stand by our hygiene credentials of our Airblade Hand Dryers and I have attached the information on the HEPA 13 filters used in our hand dryers and a hand hygiene guide for proper hand washing and drying for your perusal. Please also see below the 4 points or benefits of using a Dyson Airblade Hand Dryer:
- Dyson Airblade Hand Dryers are a non-touch method of drying hands. We are being informed that COVID-19 is transmitted via surfaces or respiratory droplets. Transmission is NOT airborne according to latest reports.
- Dyson HEPA 13 filters capture particles including bacteria and viruses as small as 0.1 microns.
- Dyson Airblade Hand Dryers are always available to dry your hands. Not only are our machines reliable, but they are always on and ready to use. With the current stockpiling and demand on other hygiene products there are genuine concerns that methods of hand drying like paper towels can run out. Leaving the washroom with wet hands as we all know is the worst outcome for hygiene and transmission.
- Our hand dryers dry hands fast. Between 10-14 seconds giving a far higher probability that users will leave the washroom with dry hands.
Also, while paper towels demand is
increasing due to more people washing their hands more frequently, paper towel
supply is decreasing due to it being harder and harder to source paper towels
from China. Did you know you can calculate your annual savings using our Savings Calculator based on your current paper towel usage? A Hand dryer will help you save hundreds of dollars annually.
Products related to this post
$1,826.20 NZD $1,953.85 NZD Ex Tax:$1,588.00 NZDAdd to Cart